Friday, June 7, 2013

In my 50's now what?

  Hi I'm sorry I have not written in a long time.  I didn't feel I had much to say.  I started this blog to keep friends and family updated.  Now I am writing for me. 

I feel I am in a changing time in my life.  I am in my 50's, early 50's, and sometimes feel that time is running out.  I have developed Arthritis which makes me sore, and Anxiety attacks for which I take medicine that makes me tired. 

Although they say 50 is the new 30, if you would have seen me in the dressing room today trying on bathing suits you would say they are wrong.  At least in my case.  Oh, by the way for any grammar people out there that may come across my blog. I'm admitting it right now, MY GRAMMAR SUCKS!!!  Sorry.  After I had my last child at age 41 and then headed towards 50, my body went from so-so to looking like a overly stuffed Teddy Bear.  Yes I am old enough to be a Grandmother but that doesn't mean I want to look like one.  Thank you very much.

Well every summer I make a list of things I want to see and do with my kids to enjoy our summer.  Tonite I was writing down a list of things I want to do for myself.  Things to do or things to learn to improve myself.  I know BORING.  But, believe me there is ALOT of room for improvement.

If you want you can join me on this journey.  I am not perfect and don't strive to be perfect, just better.  In public I am pretty shy and reserved but in private I can be as weird as the rest of them.

Here is a partial list of things I want to improve upon.

Grammar  -  yes, I know this should be number one

Eat healthier - yes, I am typing this as I am eating a Raisin Oatmeal cookie (flawed I told you!)

I want to have some signature dishes.  I cook fine for my family.  My husband even calls me throw together Queen, but I want some dishes I can serve to family and friends that I know will turn out.

I want to feel comfortable entertaining and throwing parties.  Without having to triple up the anxiety medicine.  Just saying :)

I want to exercise on a schedule.  Down with the teddy Bear look.

   Well that is a partial list, now my blog has a purpose.  Follow along if you'd like, but no negative comments.  I'm doing this for me, wish me luck :)

N.


No comments: