Friday, March 28, 2014

Finding treasure in Comunity Cookbooks


Lately, I have been collecting community cookbooks.  I love a recipe that is a family favorite or  treasured because it was passed down through family members.  I can imagine the women who submitted the recipes being approached for their best recipes to be published so their organization can raise some money.  I know a lot of women find it hard to part with family recipes. 

I really love an old cookbook that has stains on a page and personal notes written.  You know a cookbook was a treasure to someone when they have an inscription written in them.

Many of the cookbooks have regional favorites and secrets to the past.  Some of the people and organizations are no longer around today.  For me, each cookbook offers an heirloom that was past on with love.  Thank you, ladies.

No comments: